[ETF] noisy digital X-over

Sound Image hifi at ishoejby.dk
Sun Feb 27 09:12:33 CST 2005

Hi Thomas,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your Behringer. The problem is,
that you mix pro gear with typical hifi-gear. These have diffent levels
and the Behringer has full gain to fit into some kind of pro mixer. The
level is much higher that you need (and so is the noise, because of the
gain), so you have to ad som attenuation - either in the cable or a
volumecontrol at the amp input. Only this way it is possible to
"domesticate" and use with normal hifi equipment.

BTW - I've been using the 2496 for clos to 2 years with no problems at
all - as long as you know about the level-matching and fix it.

Regards
Jan