[ETF] noisy digital X-over

Thomas Schick mail at thomas-schick.com
Sun Feb 27 05:10:15 CST 2005

Hello,

recently I bought a Behringer 2496 crossover. I am using it with the analog
inputs at the moment.
They are super noisy. What is the normal noise level? If there is no signal
there should be no difference between mute on or off.

I can hear  a significant amount ( -20dB guess) of noise when the machine
has no inputs connected. But it should be 'quiet' (-50 or 60dB at least)
even if analog inputs are used. It's not from the power amps. It is
reasonably quiet if the X-over is out or muted.

This is not supposed to be so, correct?

Thanks
Thomas Schick