[JN] whether you can solder like a pro, or not

bear bear at bearlabsusa.com
Wed Jan 30 21:45:07 CST 2019

Yes!

Lovely process!

That machine must be pricey.

But it still says in the description of the video "white painted meter
dials"...

Regardless, in the last century, the meter faces were painted/coated.
If you look at the coating outside the glass of the meter, it has a very
special "look".
It's flat but seems to have a very fine "grain".

What I need to do is to take existing meters, flip the meter face over,
paint white
and then put the scale on. Likely I can manage to do the scale by one or
more means.
One method is a slide water release decal. And that may not look right
because of
the shiny nature of the decal.

My backup plan is to print on some acid free paper and bang, glue it to
the meter
face, then cut it out from the backside... that's been done before.

But I'm still curious about that white paint...

                               _-_-

--
-- bearlabs.com --