[JN] White METER FACE "paint"???

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:02:55 CST 2019

Well that takes me back, my first career was as a movie cameraman.
That was long ago. The paint for light fixtures used to be called
reflector paint. That is probably NOT what you are looking for, as it
main features were being reflective, staying white and not peeling at
high temperatures. On thing you might try is the paint we used for
projection screens, not the stuff with glass beads in it, one of the
flat versions. I once had to paint a huge cyclorama black and then
white again. That was a pain. Screen paint was flat white white (not a
typo) and might be perfect for the job. I note that some meters these
days are using gloss paint, which I hate, I'd stick with flat.


On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 12:06 PM bear via Sound <sound at soundlist.org> wrote:
> Hey,
> Hey all you "know-it-alls" out there!
> Who knows what the stuff that is CALLED that is used to paint the background of meter faces WHITE?
> ---> NO, it's not just "matte white spray paint". Ok? <---
> It may be the same stuff used to spray the white insides of light fixtures...
> And, of course, where to get some. Or who makes it.
>                     _-_-know-nothing-bear
> --
> -- bearlabs.com --
> _______________________________________________
> Sound mailing list
> Sound at soundlist.org
> http://mailman.soundlist.org/mailman/listinfo/sound

More information about the Sound mailing list