[JN] Input circuit question

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:21:16 CST 2021

Thank you Michael, down the rabbit hole I go.


On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 2:41 AM Michael Ulbrich via Sound <
sound at soundlist.org> wrote:

> Basically it's a differential amplifier ("long tailed pair") with only one
> input driven and the output taken from only one side as well.
> It's called "cathode coupled amplifier" or "single ended differential".
> The AX7 on the right is a grounded grid stage driven by the left cathode.
> For the signal it can be seen as a bypass to ground and effectively
> decouples the common cathode resistor (= replaces the cathode bypass
> capacitor).
> Oder so ähnlich ...
> Best ... Mi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.soundlist.org/pipermail/sound/attachments/20210211/a10b0845/attachment.htm>

More information about the Sound mailing list