[JN] Input circuit question

Michael Ulbrich mul at rentapacs.de
Thu Feb 11 04:41:12 CST 2021

Basically it's a differential amplifier ("long tailed pair") with only
one input driven and the output taken from only one side as well.

It's called "cathode coupled amplifier" or "single ended differential".

The AX7 on the right is a grounded grid stage driven by the left
cathode. For the signal it can be seen as a bypass to ground and
effectively decouples the common cathode resistor (= replaces the
cathode bypass capacitor).

Oder so ähnlich ...

Best ... Mi

On 11/02/21 04:00, BBands via Sound wrote:
> Can one of our resident wizards give me a hint as to what is going on
> in the second stage of this input circuit?
> This is the source for the screen shot:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsZI8ZthGY
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsZI8ZthGY>
> Best,
>      john
> _______________________________________________
> Sound mailing list
> Sound at soundlist.org
> http://mailman.soundlist.org/mailman/listinfo/sound

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.soundlist.org/pipermail/sound/attachments/20210211/0e860c78/attachment.htm>

More information about the Sound mailing list