[JN] Fwd: "the hole nnine yards... a recent history.....

Spence Barton ence-ack at riousa.com
Fri Feb 5 21:24:00 CST 2021

The book I read was more like 1958 than 1985. The book was
focused on his breaking the sound barrier and his WWII
flying. His famous later exploits hadn't even happened yet.

I suspect the book didn't sell well. The air force was so
secretive about breaking the sound barrier that they didn't
ever announce it until much later and didn't IRC mention him
by name. So no one new who he was in the late 50s.
Therefore, I suspect not many sales.

spnc