[JN] Fwd: "the hole nnine yards... a recent history.....

Philip Yates toobman57 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 02:28:31 CST 2021

Yes! You just made my day! :-)  After Christian first ruined it, of course.

As for you being the source of the aircraft "whole nine yards" thing. Oh...
my... god. I believe you, your account rings true as a bell, and I read
about the nine yards thing on the internet, just like you said.

Actually, now that I think about it, the true STORY about the story about
the source of "the whole nine yards" is even more interesting than the
fiction that you inadvertently (and indirectly) caused to be spread around
the world! Crazy-ass... stuff.

I looked up Chuck Yeager on my beloved www.bookfinder.com, but while there
are a lot of hits, I saw nothing before 1985. However, they only list books
that they actually have for sale, so a lot of the rare stuff appears and
then disappears on their site.

Phil