[JN] magik ???

Hanski hanskinposti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 02:16:22 CST 2021

Thanks Richard!
I’m just a humble DIY guy learning from you all here.

I do hand wind my SMPS toroids because they have only around tens of turns.
But some audio transformers have so many turns and thin wire that hand winding is out of the question for me.

Here’s a pic of the “slider" in my machine.
The sliding mechanism is the key function in a toroid winder.
It takes care of the different single turn wire length between the toroid core and the winding spool that is loaded with copper wire.

It took me one day watching youtube videos of commercial machines to figure out the mathemathical problem of single turn wire length difference :)

-Hanski