[JN] Dishwasher health contamination

jc morrison flipit4real at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:07:05 CDT 2019

heavy metals are dangerous. especially organic salts of heavy metals...
especially mercury. but inorganic chrome or lead in the amounts found on
tube sockets, at the temperatures in a dishwasher, are extremely unlikely
to cause anyone any harm. new york city still has areas with lead
plumbing... most of nyc's water mains were lead or cypress! up until the
late 50s. ave. C where i grew up had wooden mains and lead "T"s into the
buildings. they were only replaced in the 90s! no rust! that is not the
dangerous source of lead or chrome in nyc. paint chips and paint dust is. i
do not think the dishwasher poses any threat to anyone if you wash your
sockets in it. any worries can be handled with an empty wash with an enzyme
cleaner after... 50 degrees C "eco" setting should be perfect for the job.