[JN] White METER FACE "paint"???

bear bear at bearlabsusa.com
Sat Feb 2 17:29:09 CST 2019

On 2/2/2019 1:00 PM, sound-request at soundlist.org wrote:
> From: Hans Hedal<hans.hedal at post.cybercity.dk>
> To: bear<bear at bearlabsusa.com>
> Cc:sound at soundlist.org
> Subject: Re: [JN] White METER FACE "paint"???
>
> Making and selling anodization-coloured sheet metal, for instance
> aluminium with custom colours and thickness, seems to be a widespread
> practice:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=anodizing+colors+for+aluminium&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjj_vaYpp3gAhWEaVAKHZQdA-IQsAR6BAgEEAE&cshid=1549119098493485
>

> Hans
Except that you'd have to have a way to PUNCH/cut the shape! :D

I was hoping to throw the magic "paint" and then use a flowable water
decal - not quite perfect,
but maybe good enough. The printed paper plan is ok.

Otoh, at this point I'm REALLY curious as to what they used before
"magic" anodized process
or plating, etc...

                                       _-_-bear
--