[JN] EXTERNAL: Re: Darling Speakers

Danielak, Robert M robert.m.danielak at lmco.com
Thu Apr 18 22:06:16 CDT 2019

Ok. Look. Played back in the USSR and I swear that jet came over my head from Behind me !?!
Very happy with my system right now!!!
Have fun,
Bob.d.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2019, at 8:13 PM, John Day via Sound <sound at soundlist.org<mailto:sound at soundlist.org>> wrote:

John (BB Bands) and Larry,

At a much higher price point, and 8" and used is the Coral flat 8, which I used to like with SETs in Akihabara, back in the 1970s.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CORAL-Zachry-Flat-8-Speakers-Japan-fullrange-legends-FINE-condition-/333107863681
The Flat 8 speakers would not be hard to live with.   https://www.diy-audio-guide.com/coral-speakers.html
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/122401-fs-coral-flat-8-ii-vintage-full-range-speaker-driver-pair/

At a much higher-er price, if you can find them, are the Coral Beta-8 speakers
 http://rutcho.com/speaker_drivers/coral_beta_8/coral_beta_8.html
They have a special crystalline sparkle and immediacy, which may even be a bit much.

John recommending unobtainuim distantly remembered