[JN] Darling Speakers what size power needed?

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Thu Apr 18 14:44:33 CDT 2019

On 4/18/2019 12:46 PM, Danielak, Robert M via Sound wrote:
> it all depends upon what you are trying to achieve.
>
> if you want to rock the neighborhood, this is probably not the best
> choice of amp.
>
> but in my apartment (I’m a polite neighbor), or in a home office, or
> casual listening
>
> the darling is plenty loud and sweet with 88 to 90dB/w/m bookshelf speakers.

I disagree with the EAR tests here, beacuse I don't know the Audio
source. A few watts where good with AM radio because of the bandwith and
you a modest dynamnic range.
Hi-Fi needs a more power for the bandwith end loss AND HEARING LOSS YOU
ELDERLY ONES.
Different types of music and recoding levels have differnt DYNAMIC
ranges, thus more watts of power is needed.
So just how much headroom is needed over the basic audio level
in  DB that reaches your ears.
Ben.