[JN] buzz goes away when volume is mid way.

Paul Seymour tallpaul999 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:04:02 CDT 2019

Hi Jo's

can I ask for your wisdom, I am stumped on this one.

I have a pre amp, similar to JELabs preamp with the 76 tube,
except I have all 6SN7's.

I have this BUZZ in right channel only.
I switched inputs and output's and always this channel
of the pre amp has the buzz.

*Strangely if I turn up the volume pot on the pre amp *
*to mid way the buzz vanishes. (* Pot is on the input and
I've swapped inputs as said and it's the same result so it's
not the phono stage prior. )

*If the vol pot goes right up the buzz comes back.*
*Only in the middle does the buzz disappear. *

This bizarre symptom must point to something, but what?

thanks,
Paul.

--
Paul.