[JN] raspberry pi + mo0de/volumio + foobar2000

Larry Moore larrymooreattorney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 11:50:42 CDT 2019

First off, MoOde Audio 5.0 is no longer in “beta" or “release" form - The “official” version (5.0) came out a few days ago.  If you have a release version of 5 installed, you can do an in place update.  Otherwise, you have to reflash the image file.  Said another way, there is no in place update from MoOde 4.4 to 5.0.

Yea, kinda funny how stupid good this thing is - something I’m sure no audio manufacturer of DACs or CD players (do those still exist, ha) wants any audiophile to know.  They’d either be out of business or left with having to support old geezers with limit computer savvy using these things - ask me how I know…  I support a number of such folks.  And, I like each any every one of them, considering them friends - that’s why I do it.

There are two ways to stream:

1.) from your mobile device through your network to the Pi, and then out to your audio system, or
2.) directly from your network into your Pi and then into your system, the mobile device acting as a “controller” unit.

In many, many systems, these two methods sound different, the later being better.

There’s a TON of mods you can do to the Katana, all of which take it to an entirely new level - trust me.  Be happy to share if and when you want to get there,

HTH,
LDM