[JN] raspberry pi + mo0de/volumio + foobar2000

Steven S steven at 403forbidden.net
Tue Apr 16 10:29:45 CDT 2019

I decided to take the jump and got Allo's new katana dac, with the
isolation board.
I've yet to connect it to my ripped cd's but streaming (with moode) the
soma fm stations
i'm blown away. Streaming spotify i'm less impressed. I'm assuming
something with the quality of spotify's streaming client? I've noticed
some UI lag with moode that volumio didn't have so maybe i just need to
jump to 5.0 beta?

i'm currently running it thru my old school, crufty botthead s.e.x amps
driving some 4" full range diy book shelf's in my home office.