[JN] Dieter Rams doco

martin mseddon at eftel.com.au
Tue Apr 2 09:42:23 CDT 2019

Give me a SME3009,  or a GZ34, designed in house by engineers. Or a Telecaster. Or a BSA Gold Star or Vincent.  ‘Design house’ is the face of monopoly production lines.

martin

< Rams is a documentary portrait of Dieter Rams, one of the most influential designers alive, and a rumination on consumerism, sustainability, and the future of design.
“The man who all but invented consumer product design as we know it today.” – The Guardian

“To quantify his impact, you need only look at the millions of Apple products in our pockets.”
—Fast Company

“Dieter Rams’ design ethos has shaped the way entire generations think about making and consuming.” —Wired

“Indifference towards people and the reality in which they live is actually the one and only cardinal sin in design.” – Dieter Rams >