[JN] Fm/dab+/internet tuner

Christian Rintelen christian at rintelen.ch
Mon Apr 1 03:48:39 CDT 2019

i guess that was me… <https://www.amazon.de/Hama-Internetradio-Fernbedienung-USB-Anschluss-Weck-Funktion/dp/B01CXV5NSW> until a couple of months ago i used the line outputs. they are … let’s just say i’ve heard better ones :-)

the SPDIF output is a much better choice if you have a good DAC. i contacted hama and learned that the SPDIF signal is 24 bit/96 khz no matter what input you use, even FM is converted to 24/96. there is a successor model that has some features changed and costs a bit more. but i doubt the analog line output will be massively improved… <https://www.amazon.de/Hama-Internetradio-Digitalradio-Fernbedienung-Radio-Wecker/dp/B07GCQ2WLZ>

©
_ _ _
aka christian rintelen