[JN] Attention Oz Jazz Heads: Vale Allan Browne

Ian McPhail mrea2799 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 15 02:47:07 CDT 2015

Oz Jazz Heads

On Behalf Of Melbourne International Jazz Festival

< We are incredibly saddened to hear of the loss of the prolific and
wonderful Allan Browne, who passed away on Saturday. A drummer, composer,
poet and mentor, Allan has been a vital creative force in the Australian
jazz scene for over 50 years.

"I believe Allan has been the most important jazz musician in Australia,
with an immense influence both on the music scene and on composition. He
really was our spiritual leader, who brought through and nurtured so many of
the great musicians we hear today," said Michael Tortoni, Melbourne
International Jazz Festival Artistic Director.

Allan has been a fixture in the Melbourne International Jazz Festival
program since its inception and only two weeks ago launched his latest album
Ithaca Bound to a packed house at Bennetts Lane Jazz Club as part of the
2015 Festival.

Thank you Allan, you were a joy to work with and will be sorely missed. >

regards Ian

<http://y.analytics.yahoo.com/fpc.pl?ywarid=515FB27823A7407E&a=1000131032227
9&js=no&resp=img>