[JN] Sound Digest, Vol 73, Issue 1

bear at bearlabsusa.com bear at bearlabsusa.com
Thu Mar 4 07:22:53 CST 2010

JC or Steve Berger can handle this I expect.

It's not hard to do, just read up on it on the web and figgur it out.

The hardest part is learning how to set the VTA properly... in general,
the advice I give is: "get the ass end down".

But that is a simplistic view... your ears will tell you when it is
right, assuming
you have a system that throws something like a reasonable sound field...

                 _-_-bear

  > Message: 1
  > Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:50:04 -0500
  > From: Jeremy Epstein <jeremyepstein at earthlink.net>
  > Subject: [JN] Arm Setup - anybody know how?
  > To: Sound at mailman.soundlist.org
  >
  > I have a friend who is looking for expert help setting up a
Dynavector 501 tonearm in the NY/NJ area. Can anybody here recommend
anyone who knows how?