[JN] 45's where are they?

andy evans performanceandmedia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:54:21 CDT 2009

Well, this may be a blessing in disguise. I tried a few drivers for a 300b
SET and in order they went:10Y
46
71A
45
2a3

The 45s were just a bit bland. 71A had a quite seductive presentation -
quite different from the others even if not the best in tone or dynamics. 46
was great in tone. 10Y was great in tone plus dynamics and bass were
noticeably better. You could use any of those first three and be happy. 46
is the cheapest so best value! 71a easiest to drive with DC filaments since
it consumes less.

andy