[JN] PP 45 amp

Christian Rintelen christian at rintelen.ch
Sun Aug 16 11:15:34 CDT 2009

the reason "they don't seem to make" 15k ITs is simple. it's almost
impossible to wind a high Z IT with decent bandwith. you didn't specify
if your driver stage is SE or differential. if differential, you could
use a LL1660S (<http://lundahl.se/pdfs/datash/1660s.pdf>). the sowter
9525 is OK for tubes with up to 5k plate resistance
(<http://www.sowter.co.uk/specs/9525.htm>). another option would be to
parafeed (active or choke load for the driver tube and cap coupling to
the IT. parafeed greatly lowers the demands on the IT because no DC = no
airgap = higher inductance.

i once had tribute wind me a custom IT for a 56 to 45 midrange amp. that
was easier too, because the IT didn't have to handle the lowest
octaves... (iirc the amp overall measured +/- 0dB from 30 to 25k)

©

best ©