[JN] FS: Black Gate, etc.

Ian McPhail mrea2799 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 2 22:53:34 CDT 2008

Daniel, just checked out Either/Orchestra on amazon

< I love the Either/Orchestra version on "The Half Life of Desire" sung by
the guy from Morphine.  If the E/O is ever in your neighborhood, run, don't
walk.>

Love Mulatu Astatke ever since discovering him on the soundtrack to Jim
Jarmusch's Broken Flowers.

Here's a "white label" unauthorized dance mix vinyl 12" Mulu 2 based on an
Astatke track by the mysterious Nephews of Phela out of the UK
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79
493637 pity they don't provide the whole track cos it gets really
interesting as their looped sample "devolves",
they remain anonymous for obvious copyright reasons
www.dancerecords.com/labels/Nephews+Of+Phela
www.djdmac.com/Charts/Spring-in-the-Dancestep/index.htm
< Nephews of Phela - Mulah [Nephews of Phela]
Dope re-edit/remix of the groovy Mulatu Astatke tune 'Yegelle Tezeta (My Own
Memory),' widely recognized by its use in the Jim Jarmusch film Broken
Flowers. Mulatu's original groove gets twisted into a slow-burn acid house
afro funk monster >

regards Ian