[JN] Happy Holidays

TubeGarden at aol.com TubeGarden at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 15:42:10 CST 2008

In a message dated 12/25/2008 12:44:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca writes:

It is is  TOO early for the EASTER BUNNY.    :)

Oops! Happy New Ears!

Z-z-apuzzlement ;)

______

So, for Xmas, I started dismantling  the 1930's P-P 2A5 amp to see what I
could see ... the Pilot 408 IT/splitter  transformer is original.

The power, choke and output  transformers look like later volunteers.

The parallel filament bus bars  appear perfect.

The underside wiring, beyond the  filaments, looks very imaginative. Not
strictly coherent, just yet. I will try  and understand before I start from
scratch. A 0.5 uF cap between the screens of  the 2A5s ... I intend to put in an UL
output transformer ... I can pretend I  didn't need to know :)

The choke measures a robust 976 K  ohms DCR. Low Z PS not found :)

Hmmmm.

Al

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.